Sunday 12 March 2017

BEAUTY ON A BUDGET!

Presenting... The royal Highness.... QUEEN.......!!!!!.....


...of cheap.. *cough* ME.. 

I think am the most petty when it comes to money... Especially when it comes to matters of the face.. And dont get me started with Kenyan Makeup Online stores...  And If you Live in Kenya you know the struggle... The price!!! How Genuine is your product??? yes.. How Genuine.. lol Especially from stores along the River road area.. There is I think Grade 1 to like 10.. yes.. 1 being the closest to the genuine product as possible and 10 (assuming the lowest number is 10 ) is where the product has been made in some hole from God knows which lab and they dint get anything right, from the ingredients, to the packaging, to the smell... Straight up its like a mixture of death in a bottle... The chemicals can destroy your face.. Like you can decide to use your grade 10 foundation to kill roaches in your house... Am sure in some cases it can even relax your hair.... jk... dont buy it! period!



We all want to look pretty but cant afford it... And the people from the U.S. shouldn't even complain on the price of make up there... Their drug store products are our high end products... And their high end products are our Sell-an-organ-to-buy products. 

I... I just...
 I cant. Kenya.. We cant live like this. 



So, know you might be wondering, How do I look like this 


When I have issues spending money.. Well not exactly spending money... more of being broke.. but who cares right...The end justify the means hehehe

So Tip No. 1
Take care of your skin.. The less damaged your skin is, the less you have to cover up... Meaning you will use less products.
( I'll write an article about my Acne Story) 

Tip No. 2
Invest on a good foundation... A good foundation can determine whether your finished look will look awesome or bad.. It will also  determine whether your look will survive the day. Plus get this, depending on how often you put on make up, foundation can last you up to a year.. Another thing is good /original foundation has less chance reacting with your skin or causing breakouts.. so think of how much you will actually save. You can find original black opal and Mary Kay Foundation at Beauty Options in Nairobi CBD. for a decent price compared to Lintons and other top beauty shops etc The black Opal stick goes for ksh 1600 while Mary Kay goes for ksh 1800 if am not wrong.. 



But all this is depending on your skin type too(oily, dry, combined?).. 

Tip no. 3. 
Sadly, will not be applicable to all but if it does to you , You are very lucky!!!! because that means that foundation is the ONLY expensive thing you will buy.. But also if you have a cheap compact powder that has been  working for you... awesome!!! I specifically like this one, not only for its finish, but also for the price.. I have been using it for like.. forever... It blends so well too.. The colors however are limited and scarce.. that's why I said, If it will be applicable to your skin tone then you will be lucky.. I buy mine at beauty options.. AND I know you are like "Say the name already!!!" Well.... Its... Palmer's Compact Powder.

In my defense I have no Idea if its really a Palmer's product..


Sooo.... Ummmm.....

but it's so good on my skin... and I have a really stubborn acne prone skin.. I hate its applicator though.. so you might have to buy a powder sponge... And it is a foundation powder so too much might end up looking cakey.. so be careful.. but that's pretty much it.. it costs like ksh 120 btw.. 

Tip No. 4
It is not compulsory to follow a trend lol I see people running to buy brow gels and brow powders and that plastic thingy used to shape brows and... I mean can you just CHIIIILLLL and take a second and breath... I do my brows with the davis eye pencil and it goes for ksh 30... 


Yes that was done by davis eye pencil... Not some fancy eye surgery contraption... hahaha

I will leave it here.. for now... coz now I have your face beat and brows on fleek... ON A BUDGET!!!!

you're welcome!

Because this post is long already.. Part 2 of "beauty on a budget" will be with you shortly wink wink.. (like after a day or 2... a week maybe lol.. but soon)
I really hope I helped... Even just A tiny bit... 

HAVE YOURSELF AN AWESOME DAY!!!!!!!! lots of love and thank you for reading..

No comments:

Post a Comment